So here it goes... Sunday morning Bre (my sis in-law) and I woke up at 4 am to catch our train so we could get to our 10K race in Central Park! It was such a warm sunny day perfect for running. I was so nervous I haven't ever run that far before. I made it through and here are the pictures of every mile. We ran the entire thing, no walking or slowing down just kept a steady pace. It was so fun, there were around 7,000 women racing which was awesome!
2 down and totally happy not knowing there was a giant hill up ahead :(
(up right) Mile 3 hating the hills! they were all over the place in this race
It made me so happy Mark came to support me. This was a huge accomplishment for me. I am so proud of myself. It sounds dumb to all you runners cuz it's 6.2 miles, but that's a lot for me! I seriously wanted to cry at the end. I would get goosebumps every mile marker we passed just because it was so overwhelming, the people, being in New York in Central Park. so fun and amazing. Thanks Bre for getting me to do this. Glad we did!


(1/2 marathon in September is next I guess)
Maybe.....

12 comments:
That's so awesome Pait!!! Congratulations!!
That is so cool!!!
You dominated that race :) and yes! 1/2 marathon next!
Yay! Good job!
I'm so proud of you! For some reason I was thinking it wasn't until August. You guys both look awesome the whole race, what an accomplishment! Good job guys!
so freakin awesome!! good job!!!
Holy crap!! It's not dumb. That's awesome!! I'm doing a 5K next month and I'm scared to death!! I'm NOT a runner. But hey!! Maybe one of these days I'll be as awesome as my cousin and run a 10K!! :)
I'm so proud of you two! That's awesome.
good job! I was supposed to run a half this fall but then i got prego! we should run one in the spring!
Wow you girls are amazing! You make it look so easy. Way 2 go!
Nice work, that's awesome!
Wow way to go! I would be so proud of myself too! Amazing!!
Post a Comment