So my sister in-law (Bre) just got out here in Long Island and we've been running together everyday. I love running, but just a few miles I am not one to push myself to run 10 miles a day. Come on! Bre on the other hand ran a marathon and a 1/2 marathon in the last 6 months which is amazing. She wants me to run a 1/2 marathon with her in August. It sounds so fun it's through Central Park and downtown Manhattan. I am going to train of course but still the thought freaks me out. I am not one of those born to be a runner people I really have to work hard at it. So now I am all nervous about it. I don't wan to sign up and go and not be able to do it, I want to finish and run the whole time! This would be a HUGE accomplishment for me. I seriously think if I actually did it then I would probably cry at the finish line, It's 13.1 miles that's a lot for me! I guess the point of this post if please help me all you runners out there!!!! Give me advice, tell me best ways to train, I mean I have a little under 4 months until the day but I let my nerves get to me! Help.
4 comments:
I wanna do it too! I signed up for a 5k in california in September but it would be awesome to do a 1/2 marathon too. I'll have just had my baby a couple months before this so we can take it slow and just make it a goal to finish :)like no pressure or anything, you can do this, it will be fun!
You are going to be just fine, you're in great shape! We'll train hard core so it'll be piece of cake! :)
Do it! I'm doing a 5K in July and am going to try to do a 1/2 marathon this fall. I'm PETRIFIED! I just about pee myself thinking about it. But who cares! Worst case scenario, you walk part of the way. But you still finish! Just buck up and do it!
Yeah, get out while you can. You're crazy.
Post a Comment